James Whittaker — The Magic Of Thinking Big
Who is James Whittaker?
James Whittaker enjoyed a successful 10-year career in financial planning, before starting his own entrepreneurial journey. Today, James draws on his diverse experience to help people reach their potential in all areas of their lives.
James has been featured extensively in television, print and digital media around the world, including The Today Show, Entrepreneur, Money Magazine and The Sydney Morning Herald. He has also appeared on 100+ podcast and radio shows, and spoken to audiences of 2,000+ people.
He is the author of bestselling personal finance and motivation book The Beginner’s Guide to Wealth, named book of the month by Money magazine for March 2010. His second book Think and Grow Rich: The Legacy was released in 2018 as the official companion to the multimillion-dollar film based on Napoleon Hill’s timeless classic. James is also a proud co-executive producer of the film.
Obsessed with what separates ordinary people from extraordinary achievers, James has interviewed more than 100 of the world’s most revered entrepreneurs, business icons and athletes to unlock their secrets to success, including venture capitalist and television personality Barbara Corcoran, property and sales expert Grant Cardone, and skateboarder turned business mogul Rob Dyrdek.
With a diverse entrepreneurial background, James has launched successful companies and products across a range of industries including health/fitness, film, activewear, social media, and publishing. He is in demand internationally as a keynote speaker and is a frequent guest in media and on podcast shows.
James’ tertiary qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in English & Writing), a Bachelor of Business Management (majoring in Marketing & Real Estate), and an Advanced Diploma of Financial Services. He also completed an MBA at Hult International Business School in Boston, Massachusetts, and during this time he was the principal organizer, MC and mentor for numerous high-profile entrepreneurship events.
Aside from business interests, James enjoys writing, reading, traveling, surfing, snow skiing and keeping fit/healthy.
He is most passionate about helping people take ownership of their financial, physical and mental health.
What is this episode about?
- What his first 60 minutes of the day look like
- The importance of defining success for yourself
- How he did end up writing the 2nd part to the most successful self-help book in history
- How to take ownership of your financial, physical and mental health.
- What his first moment was when he knew he wanted to be an entrepreneur
- How he became a bestselling author
- His take on unhappiness
- The most important lessons he learned from his parents
- The dangers of checking your email first thing in the morning
- What his nutritional philosophy looks like
- The importance of your social environment
- Why he loves the five-minute journal
- What his favorite word is
- What his least favorite word is
- What noise he loves
- What noise he hates
- What his three success tips are
- The book he has recommended more often
- What the one thing would be that he would make mandatory in school
- How to write a bestselling book
- What the best investment was of his life
- What life slogan he would put on every coffee mug in the world
- What he would love to see when he would stand at the gates of heaven
Want to follow James Whittaker?
What is James Whittaker’s Book “Think and grow rich the legacy about”?
Think and Grow Rich: The Legacy is the essential modern companion to the bestselling self-help book of all time, Napoleon Hill’s 1937 classic, Think and Grow Rich. This book is fully endorsed by the Napoleon Hill Foundation and released in conjunction with the major motion picture, Think and Grow Rich: The Legacy.
Readers will be inspired through unflinching accounts of some of today’s most successful entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and cultural icons who rose above the unlikeliest and in some cases, most tragic of circumstances to find personal fulfillment and make their mark on the world.
Potential is not predicated on age, race, finances, education, or any other perceived misfortune. It is the consistent application of a proven formula that turns simple thoughts into massive action, elevating ordinary people to extraordinary success.
Featuring the against-the-odds stories of:
- Former pro athlete and media mogul Rob Dyrdek
- Venture capitalist and television personality Barbara Corcoran
- Self-help guru and international speaker Bob Proctor
- NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon
- Property mogul and bestselling author Grant Cardone
- Also Featuring: Janine Shepherd, Jim Stovall, Sharon Lechter, Satish Verma, Lewis Howes, Noel Whittaker, Derek Mills, Joel Brown, James Hill, John Lee Dumas, Brandon T. Adams, Tim Storey, David Meltzer, John Shin, Lionel Sosa, Errol Abramson, Blaine Bartlett, Dennis Kimbro, Sandy Gallagher, Don Green
Stop settling for whatever comes your way, and start living a life of purpose and fulfillment.
Everything you need to create a truly rich life is already in your possession.
Now it’s your turn! Exercise time
- Grab a pen and a piece of paper
- Write down for two minutes your personal definition of what success would look like to YOU
- What would be your perfect destination in 90 days/ 1 Year, 3 years, 5 Years
- Watch the ted talk below
As always thank you for listening!
Drop a comment and let me know what your biggest take away was!